Friday, January 11, 2013

Change

Change is a choice.

I've heard phrases similar to this my whole life. Heck, I'm sure I've heard this exact phrase a billion times over... but for some reason, when I heard it tonight, something clicked.

I was running on my treadmill when it was spoken on a commercial. I've figured out some tricks for my time management issues... I catch up on my shows while I run. I used to only listen to music while running, because that's what motivated me, but lately that just wasn't cutting it. So, why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?! So as my mile long list of DVR'd shows is slowly dwindling, I'm hoping my body is too. ;)

When I heard a man on some random commercial say, "Change... is choice", I thought to myself... duh. Seriously... I've always known this... why haven't I applied it to my life until now?!

So, as of today, I will continue to remind myself that change is, in fact, a choice. And a change in my life needs to be my choice. I need to choose to get my butt in my workout room every day so that I can change what I don't like about myself. It's nice to actually feel excited to make the necessary changes... Here goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment