Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Why Finding Pennies?

I suppose I should probably explain my thinking behind the name of my blog... Finding Pennies.
I came up with this name a while back... and sadly, it had already been taken as a blog name on the blogger website. I was bummed, so I tried coming up with other names... but none "felt" right. I feel like the title is just extremely fitting in my life, and the way I think about life in general. So I held off on making a blog. I always have so many things (and opinions) I'm thinking about that I'd love to write out. So the other day, I randomly checked the name again, and it was no longer taken. I have NO idea how this happened... but I felt it was a sign. (Yes, I completely believe in signs...) So, I made it mine as quickly as I possibly could.
My whole life I've always gotten really excited every time I find a penny on the ground. I have picked up every single penny (seriously!) I have come across... heads or tails facing up, doesn't matter. I don't believe that just because tails is facing up, it's bad luck to pick it up. (Maybe this explains why my luck isn't so great...?!) A penny is a penny... it has worth, even if it is just a tiny bit. It may be little, but every time I find one, it makes me happy. I feel like it's a little moment in time that appears out of the blue, just to make me smile. Life is exactly the same. To me, life is truly about the little things. I always say, it's the little things in life, like finding pennies, that make my heart beat. So this blog is based on the little moments that happen in life... the ones that make us smile, the ones that make us cry, the ones that make us fill with anger, and the ones that make us richer just by having experienced them. So here's to finding pennies... "Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck." ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment