Monday, January 14, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

"The worst feature of a new baby, is its mother's singing."

haha! In my household... this could not be more true! :) I have a horrible singing voice... I know and willingly admit it. I've sang to my babies since the day my 1st one was born. I've always sang the song, "You Are My Sunshine", and to this day, it can calm any one of my children down if sang. It has become their comfort go-to song. Even though I'm pretty sure every mom sings it to her children, I feel like it is our special song. So when it came time to start decorating my kids' bedrooms, I wanted to somehow incorporate the song into the decor. So, I decided to make signs to hang above their beds, with the lyrics on them. Here's a little preview of them (still have A LOT of decorating to do!):

Girl Room:


Boy Room:

..."You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you... Please don't take my sunshine away."...

No comments:

Post a Comment