Saturday, January 5, 2013

Why blog?

It's a question my mom has asked me numerous times... Why do I need to blog?
Why do I feel it necessary to write my thoughts and feelings somewhere where anyone in the whole world can read it? Why can't I just write it down in a notebook for my own eyes to read?
The answer is actually pretty simple.
It feels better to put it all out there. I can't explain it, it just does. People who don't write may not understand, but there's something about knowing that the possibility is out there, for even one other person to relate to my experiences. If I can make just one other person feel like they are not alone in their journey, then I feel more complete. I really enjoy when people come to me for advice, on anything really. I like to listen to people and try to give them advice based on my own experiences.
I kept a blog for a good portion of my college experience. I'm so happy I did. It's amazing to look back and read my entries from back then. There are so many moments I forgot about, that make me smile and cry, and I love being able to, in a way, re-live those memories. I stopped blogging at some point, I think because my parents got mad at me for putting "too much" out there. They didn't understand why I felt the need to publicly write, so I stopped.
I've been dying to start again. It's been hard, but I have held off blogging for the past 5ish years... simply because I went through really hard times that I honestly didn't want to blog about. Well, part of me wanted to, but the other part of me knew it was for the best that I just keep quiet.
It turned out to be a good decision because I would not have wanted to look back at those moments in my life that were so difficult and made me feel so horrible. There are just some memories that are better left to be forgotten. It's hard when you are going through rough times to try and stay publicly positive. I try to post only positive statuses on my Facebook... and that is why I mostly post about my kids. They are the lights of my life, and come on, they're hilarious and cute, why would I not want to post about them?! ;)
So, as I begin a new chapter of my life, 2013, I decided it was time to start a new blog. Like I've said before, it is the best way I know to empty out my thoughts and feelings that have been trapped inside of me for far too long now. I hope at some point someone, somewhere, can find something I write about relateable. :)

Oh, and GO PACK GO!!! ;) Yup, I'm a proud Wisconsin girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment